What is Operation Sierra Storm?
Alexander (Sasha) Gershunov being interviewed by Alan Rose of KEYT- Santa Barbara. Heavenly Mountain Resort
This is one of the scenic locations for look-live and taped shots at Edgewood Tahoe.
After a day of presentations, interviews, and skiing there’s opportunities for networking and mingling. Note: for OSS 2022 conference vaccinations will be required, and health and safety protocols will be followed.
The 25th edition of Operation Sierra Storm in South Lake Tahoe, CA/NV is Jan. 9-12, 2022. All health and safety protocols from experts, government and local officials will be in place for strict adherence and assurance.
Leading National Weather Conference
- A cutting-edge meteorological forum and seminar for network television meteorologist from around that country
- Featuring leading scientists and experts discussing newsworthy topics, trends for today and the future
- A combination of on-going education, networking opportunities and professional production crew make OSS an industry leader
Opportunity to Conduct LiveU and Taped Weathercasts
- LiveU and taped segments from host ski resort: Heavenly Mountain Resort, which is Tahoe’s largest ski resort located on the South Shore of Tahoe
- B-roll stories
- Network experienced producer and crews
- Interview opportunities with conference speakers and area representatives
Expand Your Professional Knowledge
- Presentations/Ongoing Education “American Meteorological Society Certified Broadcast Meteorologists and Sealholders earn professional development points for attending
- Network with peers and experts.
Tahoe South Host Site
- “America’s Best Ski Destination” (USA Today) is the headquarters for a non-stop lifestyle, world-class outdoor skiing, recreation, restaurants, entertainment and gaming all within a few hundred yards
- Host hotels are all within a two block radius walking distance of conference sessions and ski resort